- Course Planning
- Course Descriptions & Planning Guide
- Advanced Placement
- Career & Work Experience Programs
- Career Centre & University Entrance Info
- For students entering Grade 10 in 2016/17
- For students entering Grade 11 in 2016/17
- For students entering Grade 12 in 2016/17
- For students entering Grade 8 in 2016/17
- For students entering Grade 9 in 2016/17
- Parent Connect
- Student Connect
- Summer School 2015
- Agenda Book Information
- Career Center
- Culinary Arts
- Daily Physical Activity : Grade 11
- Graduation Information
- Learning Centre
- Library Learning Commons
- SD Leadership Events
- Student Connect
- Student Council
- Student Recognition
- Summer School Registration
- For Staff
Welcome to South Delta Secondary School
A recognized Advanced Placement School
South Delta's Shrek: The Musical
@SDSSEquinox Theatre is being transformed into a swamp! We are in the final push to get our spring production “Shrek The Musical” up on its feet! Working again with an amazing cast and crew and a host of professionals from within the community this year's show is shaping up to be another magical success! Opening night is Tuesday, May 3rd and we run that entire week until Saturday, May 7th. Curtain is at 7PM and doors open at 6:30PM. Tickets went on sale outside the doors of the Equinox Theatre on Monday, April 11th during lunch (11:30-12PM) and after school Monday, Wednesday and Friday (3- 5PM). Tickets for the evening show are $10 for children, $10 for students and seniors and $15 for adults. Alumni night and Teacher Appreciation Night is Thursday, May 5th. We look forward to entertaining you at the Equinox! @SDSSSundevils @deltasd37
Anxiety in Children and Youth - May 9, 2016
Everyone welcome to the Community Event on Anxiety in Chidren and Youth . CLICK HERE for more information on this event.
Spirit Day – Wednesday, June 1, 2016
1:30 – 2:30 @ SDSS
All incoming grade 7 students are invited to SDSS for an afternoon of information and entertainment. School involvement and extra-curricular opportunities will be the focus of this afternoon. Come prepared to catch some SDSS school spirit!
Upcoming: August 31, 2016 - Grade 8 Welcome Day – more information available closer to the date.
3 Common Mistakes Parents Make
Don't you want to know what they are? 3 Common Mistakes Parents make And how to avoid mistakes that keep you from a more positive relationship with your child?
Join us for an interactive and experiential parenting presentation with Klaus Klein
You will learn:
- to identify one specific negative family pattern – Changing this pattern will improve all your relationships
- what parents mistakenly do that lowers kids self-esteem and how to turn this around to raise self-esteem.
- what is the number #1 destructive element that if repeated too many times creates more conflict and pain than any other mistake – and how to be and do things differently.
-3 key phrases that can be used in many situations with your kids that build your relationship.
Where: SDSS Library
Date: Thursday, May 12
Fee: No Cost to parents this event is sponsored by the SDSS PAC
RSVP: please email email@example.com
Klaus Klein is a father of 2, Counsellor, Parent Educator, and consulted internationally for his skillful knowledge and guidance. You will enjoy his approachable style and practical techniques. To learn more about Klaus Klein, MA (Psychology) and RCC - www.kdkcounselling.com
SDSS School Calendar Change!!
The Ministry of Education has added two additional professional development days to the current school year in order for staff to work on the implementation of the new curriculum. Please CLICK HERE for a message from Superintendent Dianne Turner regarding this change. For an updated month-at-a-glance calendar that includes the new changes, please CLICK HERE. The changes will be in February and April.
750 53rd Street
Delta B.C. V4M 3B7